Experiencing Thirty Years of Cultural Renewal
Upcoming Community Events
March 2017 marks the 30th anniversary of News from Native California magazine. Throughout the year we will be celebrating “Experiencing Thirty Years of Cultural Renewal.” And there is nothing we would love more than for all of you to celebrate with us!
We are hosting two events this April to commemorate this momentous occasion:
News from Native California magazine release celebration
2 – 5 p.m.
Saturday, April 1, 2017
Autry Museum of the American West – Heritage Court
4700 Western Heritage Way, – Griffith Park, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Featuring presenters and special guests: News from Native California co-founder and Publisher Emeritus Malcolm Margolin, Heyday Executive Director & Publisher Steve Wasserman, Cultural Teacher & CSULB Instructor Cindi Alvitre (Tongva), Language & Cultural Instructor Stanley Rodriguez (Kumeyaay), and the Strong Hearts Society (Quechan)
- Food from Crossroads West & Chia Café Collective
- Attendees to receive a copy of the News from Native California special 30th Anniversary commemorative issue.
- Event is FREE, please RSVP at http://tinyurl.com/z97wyz2
News from Native California exhibit opening
6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 15, 2017
Maidu Museum & Historic Site
1960 Johnson Ranch Dr, Roseville, CA 95661
- Exhibition featuring covers of News from Native California magazine from over the past 30 years.
- Featuring presentations from StoryCorps San Francisco, News from Native California co-founder and Publisher Emeritus Malcolm Margolin, Heyday Executive Director & Publisher Steve Wasserman, Sage LaPena (Nomptipom Wintu), Frank LaPena (Nomptipom Wintu), and special guests
- Event is FREE and open to the public
We can’t wait to see you all!